Welcome to the Chicago Djangonauts Users Group
Host group for DjangoCon 2013
We meet periodically at various locations throughout Chicagoland to talk of things Django. Since the group's reanimation in 2011, we've met several times at Imaginary Landscape, enjoyed a private tour of Metropolitan Brewing, eaten many pizzas and waxed poetic about our favorite framework.
Most of our ongoing conversation takes place the Chicago Djangonauts Google Group. Please follow the link and join the discussion.
The closest thing we have to an organizer is Brian Moloney. Feel free to contact him directly (brian at imagescape dot com) if you find a briefcase full of cash that needs safekeeping.
May 2, 2013 @ 6:30pm - eShots, Inc. at 233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 420
- Jack Shedd: API strategies and frameworks (piston vs. tasty-pie vs. rest vs. views)
- George Kappel: django-rest-framework and angularjs lightening talk
- Joe Jasinski: upgrading Django
- Brian Moloney: brief update on DjangoCon US 2013
RSVP (Facebook preferred with alternative offered for non-Facebookers):
February 7, 2012 - Procured Health at Catapult Chicago (321 N. Clark St.)
- Jack Shedd: Heroku. "If anyone's not using it yet and/or hasn't figured out all the weirdnesses about it. It's been my pain point for the last month or so as we moved all our production sites to it."
- Dustin Lacewell: Django internationalization/localization. "I will be discussing the full range of internationalization and localization techniques related to Django applications including localization of your database data with Django-Multilingual, providing localizations for Django-CMS content and the localization of your Django applications and Django itself with Django-Rosetta."
- Brian Moloney: DjangoCon US 2013
November 7, 2012 - Imaginary Landscape offices at 5121 N. Ravenswood
- Matt Dennewitz: Squeezing the most out of Django at pitchfork.com
- Dustin Lacewell: Testing using Django Nose
October 3, 2012 - Imaginary Landscape offices at 5121 N. Ravenswood
- Brian Moloney: DjangoCon2013 Let's Get Organized!
- Brian Moloney: djangonauts.org demo
May 16, 2012 - Kumbuya offices at 20 West Kinzie
- Max Mautner: Fabric/pexpext
- George Kappel: Using Django for an early-stage startup
- Steve Holden: Python update, Raspberry Pi, DjangoCon and Open Django
February 1, 2012 - Imaginary Landscape offices at 5121 N. Ravenswood
- Adam Jenkins: non-rel
- Joe Jasinski: Celery
November 2, 2011 - Imaginary Landscape offices at 5121 N. Ravenswood
- Eric van Zanten: Inside a GeoDjango Mapping Application
- Joe Jasinski: Intro to GeoDjango
August 3, 2011 - Imaginary Landscape offices at 5121 N. Ravenswood
- Adam Jenkins: Chef/Vagrant
- Griffin Caprio: Django Zoom
- Daniel Peters: Neo4j Lightening Talk
- Mike Ferrari: Security at Motorola
June 22, 2011 - Metropolitan Brewing at 5121 N. Ravenswood
- Social meetup including brewery tour